Eye And Vision Health: A Concern For SeniorsPosted on September 23, 2014 by ElderCare Resources in Blog, Education, Vision Loss
We use our eyesight every day, but often take it for granted. In this video series, Dr. Stephen Rose, chief research officer of the Foundation Fighting Blindness, explains some very simple things you can do in your day-to-day life to protect your eyes and preserve vision. We’ll provide simple tips on: how to eat healthfully for your eyes; eye safety and simple ways to protect your eyes from harm; healthy habits to fight fatigue and keep your eyes strong; and why it is important to see your eye doctor regularly. By following these healthy eye tips, you can enjoy good vision for a lifetime.
Here are more Tips for healthy eyes:
* Be alert to the early signs of vision problems.
* Protect eyes from ultraviolet light with sunglasses. (Make sure yours offer full UV protection.)
* Get regular comprehensive eye exams.
* Don’t smoke.
* Keep weight normal to avoid diabetes.
* Control your blood pressure.
* Eat a diet rich in dark leafy greens and omega-3 fatty acids (found in foods such as salmon, flaxseed and walnuts).